Welcome friend.

Here are some things that I have written, read, or have affected me in some way. I formally state that no one truly will understand these words or the intention of these words due to my inability to efficiently & accurately express myself.

Friday, March 12, 2010

pieces

As fire screams from between branches
An autumn sky blazes over our autumn years
Black, silhouetted against a crimson sun
Shining light scattered, upon our gaze-less eyes
As the world is broken piece by piece
Our hands callus from the crumbling earth
Set forth by trembling hearts
We lead ourselves blindly to the edge of the abyss
Look at us now! we exclaim
As we dance eyes closed upon the ledge
Laughing down with no voice returned
Like fools, there is no end in sight!
Under our feet the ground slowly slips
Leaving no grasp for callused hands
For we have wandered too far, too fast
Carelessly grinding bedrock for sand
Disappearing, the crimson light trails
Back across the brink
As all wonder falls within
Seeing death before it meets the deep

1 comment:

  1. Nice writing Bruce, I esp like the third stanza...makes me think of 'vertigo'...yet another theology that Milan Kundera expands upon in most of his books, look into him!

    -Allison

    ReplyDelete